Monday, July 27, 2009

Teaching Vow to Build a Hearth

Today I made an appointment with my first private lesson. A lovely woman who is part of another Dharma community here in Portland. We met at the Founder's Dinner for the Heart of Wisdom Zen Temple. She is interested in exploring on-going, private lessons in her home.

In a moment the change was made. I went from just teaching at a community center to having clients I work with on a focused practice. Getting to learn from the opportunity to work one-on-one with a student to address their specific needs.

I am pledging some money from every private lesson to the founding of Heart of Wisdom Zen Temple. My eventual goal is to offer regular yoga classes and workshops at the temple. If I am making a split with a studio on the earnings of yoga offerings then I'd rather that split support my Sangha's hearth. To move towards this goal I am making the vow of contributing part of my yoga income to seeing the space come to be.

DSC_3800

2 comments:

  1. Sheri - Wow! You are such an amazing and giving person. You are truly an example to follow. Congrats on the new opportunities and experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for the encouraging feedback, K.

    ReplyDelete